At Omaha Douglas Federal Credit Union, we strive to provide the best for our members. That includes valuable financial education. Take a look at the resources available to you below. They cover many topics important to your financial health.
FBI Fraud Alert Checklist
If you answer “Yes” to any of the following questions, you could be involved in a fraud or about to be scammed.
- Is the check from an item you sold on the Internet, such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc.?
- Is the amount of the check more than the item’s selling price?
- Did you receive the check via an overnight delivery service?
- Is the check connected to communicating with someone by mail?
- Is the check drawn on a business or individual account that is different from the person buying your item or product?
- Have you been informed that you were the winner of a lottery, such as Canadian, Australian, El Gordo or El Mundo, that you did not enter?
- Have you been instructed to wire, send, or ship money, as soon as possible, to a large U.S. city or to another country, such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive a deposit from another country such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Are your receiving pay or commission fro facilitating money transfers through your account?
- Did you respond to an email requesting you to confirm, update or provide your account information?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions and think you may be a victim of fraud, call us promptly at (402) 444-5999.
Financial Education Links
- FBI Scams and Safety
- Financial Literacy & Education Commission (U.S. government’s financial education website)
- The Federal Reserve (educational resources)
- U.S. Department of the Treasury (American Savings Education Council)
- U.S Department of Housing & Urban Development (information on buying a home)
- NCUA (financial literacy information)
- Education Cents (a financial education program from Collegelnvest)
- Practical Money Skills and What’s My Score (VISA’s financial literacy resources)
- The Actuarial Foundation (consumer financial education)
- Equifax, Experian, & TransUnion (free annual credit report and other information)
- Take Charge America (non-profit credit counseling)
- FDIC (consumer protection resources)
8251 West Center Road
Omaha, NE 68124
Fax: (402) 444-5484
1819 Farnam Street
Civic Center, Room 704
Omaha, NE 68183